a

Thank you for spending your time here. Do leave some words in the tagboard or guestbook before you leave =) Have a great day!

Sunday, March 06, 2005

5th March. My Birthday.

This is my 24th Birthday. Recent birthdays havent been spent very colourfully. I don't really celebrate birthday. The first half a decade of birthdays, i can't rem how i spent it. From what i see from childrenhood photos, lots of cousins came over to celebrate for me when i was around 3, or 5 years old. When i was nine, i remember having a birthday bash at home. We ordered buffet and a few close relatives and cousins came over. Another memorable birthday was when i was 16. Nope, there wasn't any parties but i receieved the most number of presents that year. I even had a discman from a girl! Haha..Other than the few mentioned birthdays, my years of birthdays are usually spent with my family. My sweet folks would buy me a cake and we would gather around to sing birthday song. It has been our family tradition. This year is no different.

Due to internet and emails, i don't even find birthday cards in my mailbox nowadays. Well, advancement in technology isn't always a good thing. Receiving an e-card is never the same as receiving a card in the mailbox.

I'm 24. Almost a quater century old. I have to admit i'm starting to feel old.When we were dining at Suntec Swensens just now, there are 2 other groups of teens who are celebrating birthdays too. They sang merrily and cheered loudly. It seems so fun, they seems so young.

Dinner at Swensens was above average. Enjoyed the pasta i ordered and the free ice-creams they offered. I had shot almost all the courses and desserts. Forgotten about the 3 scoop ice-creams. Anyway, they are just ordinary naked ice-cream with no toppings unlike fiesty firehouse.

Now, let me present to you the Swensen's dinner i had as my Birthday feast!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Firstly, this event is not possible without my family members. From left to right: Sis, mom, dad.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My mysterious brother-in-law: ZG

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My adorable niece roaring for ice-cream!!!!! Arggggh***


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In case the previous pic is too far away, i had this cute zoom-in which she has posed for me.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The utensils we used to dissect our food.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My Order: Chilli Fish Pasta - Golden-fried Snapper Fillets in a spicy oriental sauce.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Papa's Order: Black Pepper Seafood Pasta - Fish Fillets, Clams and Crabsticks in a black pepper sauce.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Mama's Order:Chicken with Mixed -Peppers Grilled boneless Chicken leg smothered with mixed peppers sauce. Served with seasonal vegetable and U.S. potatoes.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sis's Order: Sirloin Steak Steak - grilled the way you like it with your choice of: Black Pepper Sauce, Mushroom Sauce or Herb Butter. Served with seasonal vegetable and U.S. potatoes.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

ZG's order: Fish 'N' Chips - Golden-fried Fillet of Fish served with tartar sauce, U.S. fries and Coleslaw.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Apple Crumber on a sizzling skill with caramelized fresh apple chunks, Vanilla ice cream and a drench of butterscotch cream sauce.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Swensen's Birthday Treat: Firehouse Happy Birthday - Vanilla, Chocolate and Strawberry ice cream smothered with chocolate fudge, pineapple and strawberry toppings, whipped cream, cherries and set aflame to "top-off" this birthday special.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This cake was bought by my mom as my proper birthday cake. My folks sang me a birthday song at home. It is still uncut, haha, we are too full. Gonna wait till breakfast.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

For those who do not know me and are reading my blog, well, i decide to expose my mysterious identity, just for this occasion. Anyway i do want to remember how i look like when i'm 24.

-Happy Birthday Guorong- It has been a joy to have you *wink*

* Credits to Jianing for pointing out my spelling error*

2 Comments:

Blogger Student8080 said...

Happy birthday! You seem to put on a bit of weight after all the food, haha!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Ordinaryless said...

Haha, thank you lee lim..Everyone i have met lately said i've put on weight and the funny thing is every single time they see me, they'll say the same thing. Have i been consistently putting on weight? Hmmz.. Stay tune in ordinaryless's blog to find out more!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home