a

Thank you for spending your time here. Do leave some words in the tagboard or guestbook before you leave =) Have a great day!

Friday, February 11, 2005

Happy Lunar New Year

Today is 'Chu San', which means the third day of Lunar New Year. The past two days have been spent eating chinese cookies and relatives visiting. One of the utmost joy during CNY is having relatives coming to my home for gatherings. It is during such times which we get to catch up with one another.


Hosted by Photobucket.com

My brother in-law (ZG) trying out one of those sparklers bought from CarreFour. Fireworks of any kinds is banned in Singapore since i'm was a toddler. When i was young,I remember my dad used to bring my entire family to Malaysia to set off firecrackers. Those sparklers or 'pop-ers' you find in Singapore these days is nothing compared to those found in the Malaysia in the yesteryears but still, they still amaze my little niece as you can see in the following pic.


Hosted by Photobucket.com

My dad holding close to Enen assuring she was in safe hands as she watched the sparklers in amazement. Enen is the little darling in my home which everyone adores. She is especially close to my dad, probably because my dad always keep her accompany, play with her and he had never raised his voice on her before.The bond between them is very well portrayed in this picture.


Hosted by Photobucket.com

This is one of the portrait shots i had taken when my uncle is indulging himself in the Ba Kwa, new year cookies and chinese tea while having conversation with my parents.


Hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the chinese tea set which my dad always use to serve tea to guests in my home. Chinese tea is usually appreciated by the older generations, younger generations usually go for more fanciful type of tea such as Bubble Tea, a craze of yesteryears started by the Taiwanese.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home